616 N Harrison
The Fair Park Elementary was founded in 1928 and was named for Fair Park, the nearby municipal park that since has been renamed War Memorial Park. The school is located in Little Rock’s historic Hillcrest neighborhood. It originally consisted of three small buildings and was known as Lincoln School–“the little school in the country.” The main part of the current building was constructed during 1937-1938, and additions were made in 1950 and 1979. At the end of the 2004-05 school year, Fair Park ceased operation as a traditional elementary school, and it reopened in the fall of 2005 as the Fair Park Early Childhood Center, serving pre-kindergarten (4-year-old) children from all over the city of Little Rock.
Fair Park Early Childhood Center in the Little Rock School District provides a high-quality preschool program at no cost to parents.