More About Our Company
HILLCREST SMALL MERCHANTS SATURDAY! COME SHOP WITH US!
and last chance to enter the RED BOX GIVEAWAY!
Saturday November 29th the Hillcrest Merchants Association is celebrating Small Business Saturday by emphasizing the Arkansas products that are sold all through Hillcrest. Small Business Saturday is a day to promote shopping local. The Arkansas made products that are being sold in Hillcrest support manufacturing, farms and other local industries here in this state. According to https://www.americanexpress.com/us/small-business/openforum/infographics/why-spending-locally-is-worth-your-money/ if we each would spend $100.00 extra locally instead of at big box chain stores it would put an extra 3 million dollars a year into our local economy and it would help to create more jobs locally. The Hillcrest Merchants understand supporting our state is important and have set up displays of local products that are available during this season of gift giving. They are also offering store specials such as discounts and free wrapping during Small Business Saturday. Here is a list of Hillcrest businesses selling Arkansas products:
- Hocotts’s Garden Center at 3612 Kavanaugh Blvd is selling locally grown poinsettias, perennials, herbs, vegetables, bedding plants, pansies. They have a display of these items and have free gift wrapping all the time.
- The Full Moon at 3625 Kavanaugh Blvd is selling Arkansas Democrat Gazette books, JR. League cookbooks, James Hayes Art Glass, Candace McCray signs, Pickle People’s pickles and salsa, Bentley drinkware, Red Block’s cutting boards, Just Knutz’s hair accessories. They always offer free gift wrap
- Hillcrest Liquor at 2814 Kavanaugh Blvd is selling Rocktown Liqueur and whiskey in Blackberry, Lighting Hot Peach, Arkansas Corn Whiskey, hickory Smoked whiskey. They have a variety of Cowie Wine. They also have locally made beer from Core, Diamond Bear, and Moody Brews. They have sales going on various items and gift sets for the holidays as well as Hillcrest Liquor t-shirts.
- Hillcrest Artisan Meats (H.A.M.) at 2807 Kavanaugh Suite B sells house made bacon, sausage, hams & charouterie all made with locally raised pastured meats. They are selling Bonta Toscana, Bear Kindom, Richard’s Hiney, Cedar Rock Apres, Cocoa rouge, Ratchford Farm and Farnsworth Foods, Arsaga Coffee, Maria’s-Chow, White River Creamery, Southern Timbers Cutting Boards, Our Farms all local products. They have discounts today on all Arkansas grown or made products.
- Shoppes on Woodlawn at 4523 Woodlawn is selling Lux Candles, Resident Chef, What’s Cooking, Hot Springs Soapery Products, and many locally made crafts. They have free wrapping today.
- Warren Salon at 615 Beechwood St. is selling Service gift Certificates for hair and make-up and waxing. Today they are offering a free product with a hair color and cut purchase.
- Café Bossa Nova at 2701Kavanaugh is selling gift certificates for meals and Brazilian Cheese bread, Salpjcao, and offer coupons through Enjoy the City and Red Door and Q-Bot.
- Gallery 26 at 260l Kavanaugh Suite 1 has paintings, drawings, photography, pottery, glass, jewelry, wood bowls, hats, scarves, pillows, belt buckles, fabric bowls, T-shirts, ornaments, mobiles, hummingbird feeders all made by local artist. They have local displays and always have free wrapping.
- Breathe Salon at 2622 Kavanaugh is selling gift certificates on hair services and offering 25% on all products and services sold today.
- Hillcrest Designer Jewelry is selling handmade and custom pieces of jewelry. Make a purchase and be entered to win a loose one carat diamond ends December 13.
- Massage Little Rock at 615 Beechwood St. is selling gift certificates and locally made private label candles. Today they are offering a $20.00 gift card for every $100.00 spent. They are also offering a holiday special of one massage and a Lumiere facial for $50.00.
- Rhea Drug at 2801 Kavanaugh Blvd is selling local products including Juanita peanut, cashew, and pecan brittle, WooHoo Mix, Robbins Salsa, Farnsworth Foods sea salt toffee, Grandma Barkers Zucchini Relish and Southern Timbers Cutting Boards. They have an Arkansas Products displayand offer free gift wrap.
- E. Leigh’s Boutique at 3001 Kavanaugh Blvd. is selling locally made jewelry by Robinson Lane.
- Damgoode Pies at 2701 is selling gift certificates for locally made pizza, pasta, sandwiches and salads.
- River City Coffee at 2913 Kavanaugh Blvd. is selling coffees that are all roasted in Little Rock, They sell water from Mountain Valley spring all of their muffins and scones are locally baked and they offer handmade cards from Ozark Cards. They have a display of local roasted coffee and today are offering 10% off on all retail coffee and loose leaf tea.
- Haus Werks at 2923 Kavanaugh Blvd. sells art, jewelry and folk art all made in Arkansas. They have a display Ark. Products. They offer free gift wrap.
- Kahler-Payne Antiques 700 N. Van Buren St. sells wonderful heirlooms that are found in Arkansas. They always have in store specials.
These business and products all represent small businesses in Arkansas that your gift giving dollars will stay in our state and help make many small businesses stronger.
This event will also be the last chance to enter the Red Box Giveaway. Put your name in the red box in every Hillcrest merchant you visit for a chance to win $100 or $50 gift certificates redeemable at any Hillcrest Merchant. Wouldn’t that make your Holiday shopping easier?
And don’t forget…
The schools and churches of Hillcrest are bustling with their own autumn activities. Of special note is the annual Hillcrest Community Thanksgiving Service held Monday during Thanksgiving week. This event is open to all and features all of the denominations in the neighborhood. Check the HMA calendar page for time and place in 2014.
So come to Hillcrest this autumn. We’d love to have you for the day or to stay!
ps CONGRATULATIONS to our HMA winners of the BEST in ARKANSAS!
Check out the BEST OF ARKANSAS 2014 READERS’ POLL WINNERS!Read More